Newham Music – Safeguarding policy
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect everyone at NM to share this commitment. We all have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people and to keep them safe and are committed to practice in a way that protects them.
We recognise that:
- the welfare of the child is paramount, as enshrined in the Children Act 1989.
- all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have a right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- some children are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues.
- working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
We will seek to keep children and young people safe by:
- valuing them, listening to and respecting them.
- adopting child protection practices through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
- developing and implementing an effective e-safety policy and related procedures.
- providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
- recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made.
- sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers.
- sharing concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
What to do if you have concerns about a child or a member of NM staff
The Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) for Newham Music are Isabella Mayne and Julie Sharpe. They can be contacted as follows:
Isabella Mayne – 020 3598 6260 ext 1008, firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Sharpe – 020 3598 6260 ext 1005, email@example.com
If your concern relates to the DSL, you can refer this to the CEO. If your concern is regarding the CEO this should be referred to the Trustees. They can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
NM Safeguarding Procedure
NM Safer Recruitment-TeachingRecruitmentPolicyProceedure