- This event has passed.
Introduction to Music Therapy
July 17 - July 18£250
Course Dates & Times
Saturday 17 – Sunday 18 July 2021
10am–5pm daily, BST (UTC+1)
About Introduction to Music Therapy
This two-day course is delivered by tutors with wide-ranging experience in clinical and professional settings, via a combination of theoretical and practical sessions, case presentations and experiential learning.
Participants will learn more about the psychodynamically-informed approach to music therapy that is taught at Guildhall School, and what a music therapist’s career might look like.
Who is the course for?
- Anyone considering a career as a music therapist
- Anyone interested in the MA Music Therapy at Guildhall and would like an insight into the course
What can I expect?
Participants should expect:
- Lectures and/or seminars
- Practical group sessions
- Audio and visual case studies from music therapists currently working in the field, with a variety of client groups
- Examples of typical music therapy techniques
- A session applying music therapy research techniques in a typical workplace
- Experiential groups and time to reflect on a potential music therapy career
- Tutors with extensive experience of clinical and musical applications of music therapy
Sign up here: https://www.gsmd.ac.uk/youth_adult_learning/short_courses_summer_schools/in_person_short_courses_summer_schools/music/introduction_to_music_therapy/