By Lin-Manuel Miranda
From Disney Pixar’s film Encanto
Learning as a group
- Divide yourselves into 5 groups. Choose whether you would like to sing part 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. Some groups contain more than one character (for example, in Group 1 you could be Pepa or Félix).
- That leaves two characters with solo lines: Mirabel and Abuela Alma. Pick two people to double up as these characters – or ask your teachers to do it!
- Act out the character with your voice as you sing.
- Try practising two parts at once, then three, building up to five. The easiest part combination to start with is 3 (Camillos) vs 5 (Isabellas).
- Parts 2 and 3 are short and so need to be sung twice when all the parts are happening at the same time
Download lyrics here
More Latin American music and listening tips
Original clip (from the film)
Backing track – no vocals