Primary Music Funding
Newham Music is offering £400 to primary schools in Newham for music instruments, equipment or resources.
As announced at the NM Schools Expo, Newham Music will continue to support the development and recovery of Music Education in Newham by investing significant additional funding into our primary schools for direct use in the delivery of curricular or extracurricular music activity. In practical terms, this means we are making £400 available to every Primary school in Newham to spend on musical instruments, equipment, or resources.
The basis of the funding agreement is that this money be spent on something practical to deliver music in your school, with instruments, equipment or resources being the obvious choice. However, this is not an exhaustive list and if you have any alternative ideas, please do send in your suggestions via the funding request form and we will consider it.
We want this process to be as simple as possible and it will only require 3 steps:
1) Submit your request via this very quick and simple form
2) Once you have received confirmation via email that the funding has been approved, please ask your Finance/Admin team to raise an invoice for £400 – details will be provided in the email which confirms that your funding request has been approved0. We will then send the money via BACS transfer.
3) Once you have made the purchase(s), please send us a copy of the receipts as proof. This will allow us to demonstrate to our external auditors that the funding has been used appropriately and meets the funding requirement to which we need to adhere.
This funding needs to be used by the end of the academic year, so we are setting a deadline of 1st July for submissions. We will aim to get back to schools very quickly so that the whole process, including transfer of funds, purchases and receipts sent back to us can be completed by the time schools break up for Summer holidays.
1) Funding is only available to Primary schools at this time.
2) Funding cannot be used for any purchases you have already made – submitted receipts will need to be dated after the date you receive confirmation of your funding allocation.
3) Funding cannot be used for any purchases that have not been agreed in advance by NM.
4) Funding cannot be used to pay for direct delivery i.e. a paying for a teacher to come into school and deliver lessons/workshops
5) The money can be used to part-fund a purchase i.e. purchasing a classroom samba kit for £500, with the school contributing the other £100
6) The purchase must be clearly linked to music provision i.e. purchasing a Macbook for use in video production, with no reference to music at all. This will need to be demonstrated in the application form.
We should make clear that this fund is entirely separate from the council’s School Music Grant programme which is currently open for applications and you should still submit a separate bid for that funding through the appropriate channels.
We have a relationship with Ross Abbott at Educating Music. Ross works directly with instrument distributors and Music Hubs and he may be able to provide you with very competitive quotes. So if you are thinking of using the money to purchase musical instruments, he may be able to help. He can be reached at email@example.com Just send him your requirements and mention that you were referred by Newham Music.
If you have any questions about this funding, or if you need any help in planning how to use the money, please do get in touch and either myself or one of our Education team will be more than happy to help.