As one of our teachers or as one of our schools’ teachers, you can access our training programme which includes both formal and informal observation, team teaching and continuing professional development:
Primary Network Meetings
We run termly network meetings which include practical ideas and activities, national updates, and networking opportunities for music leaders and teachers from Newham primary schools.
In these sessions, colleagues with specific expertise will lead to develop skills and share best practice among all music leaders within Newham.
In these sessions you will:
• Develop your understanding of the value of music for all your pupils’ development
• Develop key practical skills through singing and composition
• Understand how to support less confident colleagues in delivering music sessions
• Become up-to-date with current policy regarding music, including the curriculum review, Ofsted recommendations and how these impact on schools’ responsibilities
• Develop a music policy for your school which ties together all elements offered in the borough including ECaM, whole class programmes and singing
• Use creative approaches to enable all learners to access and achieve in music
• Have the opportunity to network with colleagues
• Inform content for future sessions
For more information on the current academic year’s training schedule please contact Julie Sharpe, Teaching & Learning Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us provide studio space for emerging young artists in East London.