CPD & Training Opportunities
As one of our tutors or as one of the schools your teachers can access our training programme which includes both formal and informal observation, team teaching and continuing professional development:
Training Programme for Schools – Spring 2018 Offer
EYFS Music with Spitalfields Music – 11 January 2018 | 9:00am – 12:00pm | FREE*
Body Percussion in the Classroom with Beat Goes On – 16 January 2018 | 4:15pm – 6:00pm | FREE*
Primary Network Meeting – 31 January 2018 | 1:45pm – 5:00pm | £30
(Scroll down the page for more information about our termly Primary Network Meetings)
EYFS Singing and Vocal Development with Voices Foundation – 8 February 2018 | 4:15pm – 6:00pm | FREE*
How to Make Instruments Work! – 7 March 2018 | 4:15pm – 6:00pm | FREE*
* We are able to offer these events free of charge to teachers and adults working in Newham Schools. We welcome adults from outside Newham for a small charge of £15.
Primary Network Meetings
We run termly network meetings which include practical ideas and activities, national updates, and networking opportunities for music leaders and teachers from Newham primary schools.
In these sessions, colleagues with specific expertise will lead to develop skills and share best practice among all music leaders within Newham.
In these sessions you will:
• Develop your understanding of the value of music for all your pupils’ development
• Develop key practical skills through singing and composition
• Understand how to support less confident colleagues in delivering music sessions
• Become up-to-date with current policy regarding music, including the curriculum review, Ofsted recommendations and how these impact on schools’ responsibilities
• Develop a music policy for your school which ties together all elements offered in the borough including ECaM, whole class programmes and singing
• Use creative approaches to enable all learners to access and achieve in music
• Have the opportunity to network with colleagues
• Inform content for future sessions
Primary Network Meetings are held termly at NPW, 760 Barking Road, E13 9PJ.
For more information on the current academic year’s training schedule please contact Julie Sharpe, Teaching & Learning Manager on email@example.com